- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- CÃ´te d'Ivoire
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- SÃ£o TomÃ© and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Center
Showing 1 - 20 of 49
10 Sep 2014
Khartoum, September 10th, 2014 – The 13th Edition of the African Economic Outlook Report for 2014 was launched today with participation of policy makers, ambassadors of African countries, national and international development partners, and the media. The occasion took place at Mamoun Behiery Centre (MBC), where representatives of the Government, African Development Bank (AfDB), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and MBC addressed the event.
26 Jun 2014
The ceremony took place simultaneously in El Fasher and Nyala to celebrate the volunteers’ graduation under the project led by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in cooperation with the Peace Studies and Research Centres of the Universities of El Fasher and Nyala. Local authorities such as the State Ministry of Finance, State Judiciary, Ministry of Animal Resource, Darfur Regional Authority (DRA) as well as representatives of the African Union - United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID), El Fasher and Nyala universities have participated in the event.
09 Jun 2014
Planning a state’s public spending on local infrastructure and basic services, and keeping reliable and transparent records of that expenditure, is crucial. These processes boost citizen confidence about the integrity of its public officials and good use of the public purse.
21 May 2014
South Kordofan- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in collaboration with South Kordofan state ministries and local authorities have kick started recently South Kordofan’s first ever Five Year Locality Development Plan.
13 May 2014
Khartoum - The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Sudan country office and the UNDP Regional Centre- Cairo are organizing a three day high level regional event hosting the Arab states Environment & Energy Community of Practice (CoP) Meeting during the period 13-15 May, 2014.
20 Feb 2014
Khartoum, Wednesday 19 February 2014, marked the first engagement between the Government of Sudan and the IBSA Fund for Poverty and Hunger Alleviation through an employment generation project funded to the tune of USD $1,395,000.
28 Jan 2014
Khartoum - The Government of Sudan, The India, Brazil and South Africa Facility for Poverty and Hunger Alleviation (IBSA Fund) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) endorsed today a USD 1,300,000 project for the creation of youth employment opportunities in Sudan.
19 Dec 2013
Sudan Releases First National Human Development Report Time to Consolidate Peace by Focusing on Human Development
Khartoum - Sudan’s first-ever National Human Development Report (NHDR) launched today representing a significant milestone in Sudan’s path towards advancing human development.
- 10 Dec 2013
09 Dec 2013
Boosting Human Development in South Kordofan
Inauguration of Kadugli Civil Service Development Center
Kadugli - South Kordofan - Today the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the government of South Kordofan inaugurated the Kadugli Civil Service Development Center (KDTC) with participation of local authorities, UN agencies, civil society, and the media.
02 Dec 2013
Some of Darfur’s poorest hides and skins producers are getting a chance to benefit from the growing regional demand of leather products with UNDP’s pilot project ‘Darfur Livelihoods Value Chain Project’ working to improve production techniques for leather production in Sudan.
01 Dec 2013
The Darfur Communities Peace and Stability Fund (DCPSF) donors visited the project site areas in West Darfur region from 24th to 26th of November. The donor monitoring team visited out reached areas and held meetings with NGO consortiums and government officials.
01 Dec 2013
The daily security advisories, sounds of radio checks, news of aid workers or peace keepers under attack is something you hear quiet often in the conflict ridden Darfur. The life inside for an aid worker itself is a challenge in the conflict which is intensive care towards peace and stability.
13 Oct 2013
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in partnership with the Ministry of Environment, Forests, and Physical Development, and international development partners organized the “Climate Change Diplomacy” Workshop which is taking place from October 8-10, 2013.
01 Oct 2013
KASSALA, Sudan, October 2013 (UNHCR) – Nearly 30,000 work permits will be granted to refugees in Sudan's Kassala state under an agreement with the UN refugee agency to improve the livelihoods of refugees and reduce their dependence on external assistance.
24 Sep 2013
Sudanese Voice their thoughts on the World they want to live in 2030 @ Khartoum Social Good Summit Meet up
Not less than hundred persons representing civil society organizations, social media activists, university students, government officials and the private sector in Sudan came together on Tuesday 24th September to participate in this year’s Social Good Summit.
04 Sep 2013
The Ministry of Finance and National Economy, on behalf of the Government of Sudan, and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) signed today a $418 million (Four hundred and eighteen million dollars) agreement aimed at supporting the implementation of the Government Development Strategy for 2012- 2016.
- 24 Jul 2013
13 Apr 2013
Under the auspices of the Vice President of the Republic, the Central Bureau of Statistics launched today the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS) for the Republic of Sudan (2012-2016). The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has supported the development of the strategy technically and financially.
02 Apr 2013
The signing of the Doha Document for Peace in Darfur (DDPD) between the Liberation and Justice Movement (LJM) and the Government of Sudan in July 2011 brought with it a new impetus for recovery and reconstruction in the Darfur region. As stipulated in the DDPD, a needs-assessment was to be carried out “to identify and assess the needs for economic recovery, development and poverty eradication in the aftermath of the conflict in Darfur.” This assessment would be crucial in considering the needs in social areas and infrastructure which would in turn determine the resources required for addressing those needs within a six year period.
- First Winner : Yursa Osman Eltahir My name is Yusra Osman Eltahir Babiker and I am a graduate of the University of Khartoum, Faculty of Engineering, Electronics Engineering. I currently work as an Electronic Design Engineer at the Nile center for technology research, National Telecommunication Corporation. My interest in applying to this completion is derived from the fact that 5 millions of the Sudanese population and 30 millions of the Arabic nation are visually impaired and cannot gain access to books and documents creating educational barriers. Moreover, papers are becoming obsolete; hence a technique to save them back electronically is necessary for more than 200 million people speak Arabic around the world. That’s why “Arabic text recognizer” is developed to recognize scanned Arabic script and save them in text files. Recognized text will be spoken out for the visually impaired people. My Vision is: Saving back all Arabic documents electronically and enabling visually impaired to gain access to knowledge resources. My Mission: -To develop a software program & mobile application that recognizes scanned Arabic text. -To develop a dedicated device suited for visually impaired to recognize Arabic script. My Goals: 1- To develop Arabic text recognizer software that detects printed and handwritten scripts. 2- To deploy Arabic text recognizer in hardware level. 3- Move to production phase. Yesterday AT 07:20 AM
- Second Winner : Khalda Abuelgasim My name is Khalda Abuelgasim and I am a graduate from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum. I currently work as a Health Provider of Reproductive Health Services Provision for the Sudanese Fertility Care Association. My contribution to this summit is derived from the current level of unemployment especially amongst youth in Sudan which is very high and is still on the rise. There are currently 36 million people living in Sudan, of which 60 percent are youth. That is almost 22 million people, of these youth 42 percent are currently under or unemployed. My vision is to provide sustainable and sufficient jobs for ALL youth through creating of a database in which all potential job opportunities available for the youth are accessible, facilitating thus the process of matching these jobs with potential youth employees. My Goals : 1. To have an updated database for currently available jobs and requirements 2. To train youth in specific “handiwork” trainings 3. To match unemployment youth with suitable jobs Yesterday AT 07:17 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook